Thursday, May 15, 2008

oh man!

grrrrr! i just got in this mega-lose-your-cool kinda fight with this idiot in the cyber cafe who was trying to tell me that there are 52 states in the US. ARRRRGHHHH he treated me like I was stupid and kept saying things like "you should go study your country theres a lot you must not know" and oh man what an ass. and he kept using things to prove it to me like "why would they put 52 stars on the flag if there were only 50 states?" AH DUMB! and then he said "havent you ever heard of B-52's? thats bc there are 52 states!" at one point he said some random place in the US ive never heard of where he must have a relative or something and he asked if i knew of it and i said no and he goes "wow you dont even know your own country!" oh man at first i just laughed at him because i thought he was kidding or just misinformed but he was so STUBBORN and RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL to me i cant wait until he goes home and looks at the american flag he has on his wall and decides to count the stars...

anyway, other than that mean man making me angry, things have been great and super busy lately. im all over the place trying to close things up before i go home. basically that means spending lots of time on the hill playing music with les rasta friends. bob marleys bday came and went... good times. there were loads of rastas at this great cultural space (called carrefour des jeunes) jumping and dancing.... dreads flying everywhere ahhhh! those boys are so silly!

cyber times almost out so i must be running. love to my homies in the 50 nifty united states!
bintou

ps - mom can you guys bring me another memory card or two for my camera? gracias

3 comments:

lucy said...

want a snapshot of our lives? storminnorman.blogspot.com.

yes, we are crazy.

lucy said...

oh, and way to stand up to and defend our stars.

(insert reggae background music hear... get up stand up. stand up for your rights....)

Shari said...

Claire, I've enjoyed following your blog so much! I don't want it to end, but you must come home :)
I hope you get a chance to continue blogging during your trip with Ben and your parents.
It must be fun for you to see and host newbies in Mali.
I will expect some awesome photos.
--Shari A.