Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bintou goes to Bamako and looses her booty

This blog entry has 2 meanings:
1. my cell phone got jacked on saturday night! boooooo! (the last week!)
2. my butts gone! i dont really have a mirror in my house so i didnt realize. but then i went to my friends house and was commenting on how all my clothes feel huge and went to take a look in her mirror and OH MAN! no butt! it just doesnt feel right...

today was really awesome... my paper is done done donnnne and handed in (hot fire!) so it was a celebration of sorts. my friend aida and i went to the cooperative to work a bit with the women and show them my finished product (all nice and bound). then in the afternoon, we went to our rasta friend ablo's house.

oh man his house is so great... he lives right at the bottom of these huuuuge hills and rock formations. we went up to the roof and there was this incredible wind and the sky got all dark and the red color of the rock formations became brilliant. plastic bags from the ground were swept up and flew in the air like birds. we had his gonie (this amaaaazing instrument) and played some songs (i can play one!) and sang and drank tea. my friends bidé and ibra were there too it was a big music fest. and THEN it started to raiiiin! the rain felt cold it was soooo wonderful! we kept playing and aida and i danced in the rain. i never thought i could appreciate water the way i do in mali.

leaving ablo's house, all the roads (dirt roads mind you) became rivers of mud that felt great to sink your feet into. every few minutes, lightning illuminated the sky making it daytime for an instant. its still drizzling and im just so happy for all the farmers in this country that are getting an effing break! woo!

2 comments:

david santos said...

I loved this blog.
Have a nice day.

The Sis said...

I have loved reading your blog. It has brought back some memories of my time in Ghana! I have to dig up my photos. In Mali can you buy whole peeled oranges with the tops sliced off so that you can suck out the juice? So good. Have a great trip with the 'rents & bro! They are so excited about it! They are leaving as I type this I believe. See you in June.