Sunday, May 4, 2008

a nice image

i really should be writing this 20 page paper thingy buuuut yesterday was the best day ever so let me leave you with this image:

dancing on the side of my hill to the djembe beats of my new rasta friend Yege (who is apparently an internationally known drummer) and the beautiful music of the kora, with my friends from all over west africa (and my american friend aida), barefoot in my yellow dress, at sunset (with a breeze), looking out over bamako, under the mango trees

a little external celebration of life in da afrIKa
(reminded me of the last scene in "black orpheus")

i dont wanna gooooo

2 comments:

Timothy said...

Claire, please don't worry
Whatever authenticity you find in Mali; we can sell it to you back in the U.S. Let freedom ring!

ABangser said...

Bintou:
It was so nice seeing you today on our video chat. I do miss you!

I'm going to jump on the "Beautiful things of the day" bandwagon. . . .
1. Seeing your beautiful face for the first time in 3 months.
3. Ben home from college. . . sprawled out on the couch.
2. Spring in CT. .. trees in bloom in all colors; daffodils popping up through the earth; green, green, grass.

Thanks for our Malian names. We can't wait to meet your Malian family.

Talk to you soon.
xoxoxox
Kaddidia (sp?) aka mombo