Monday, April 14, 2008




I went back to Sanankoroba this weekend to visit the family there and bring them some of the pictures I had printed. Even though it took wayyyy too long in the blistering heat to get there, it was really great once I arrived. Everyone was so excited to see themselves in the pictures. Most people in villages here dont have pictures of themselves, so it was pretty cool to see their reactions. A small dance party broke out too :)




Yesterday I spent a lot of time at home with my Bko family, since I feel like Ive been out a lot. I made them guacamole and, after a long hunt, found some tortilla chips. The dish was devouuuured. My host brother told Matou (my 16 year old neice) that she needs to make that so she can get a good husband. Now I want to make more food for them since they seem to like it so much. Any suggestions of things I can make that dont involve an oven?

1 comment:

Momba said...

Oohhhhh! Pictures. . . thanks! The children are so cute. . . and so are you. It was great chatting with you today. I forgot to ask you if you're keeping up with your journal. You've had so many interesting experiences, but knowing you. . . I'm sure you're journaling like crazy.
Let me think about some other recipes that don't require a kitchen and I'll email them to you.
We can't wait to see you and see "your" Mali.
Love you mucho xoxoxo Momba